In September 2013 I obtained my BSc in Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano. In April 2016 I took my MSc in Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano with specialisation in Computational Science and Engineering. During the MSc thanks to the European exchange program Erasmus+, I spent the second year of the master at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. During this period in the framework of a collaboration between the Dipartimento di Matematica at Politecnico di Milano and the Laboratori de Càlcul Numèric (LaCàN) at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya I studied and I wrote my master thesis “PGD and HiPOD solutions of geometrically parameterized Stokes flow in haemodynamics”. Thanks to this collaboration, I became aware of the AdMoRe programme for which I decided to apply and where I am currently enrolled. The title of my PhD thesis is “High-fidelity real-time engineering outputs and sensitivities for aerodynamic shape design” and it is developed between my two academic institutions Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Swansea University (SU) and my industrial institution Volkswagen AG (VW).
Keywords of the project
Computational fluid dynamics, High-Order numerical methods, Hybridizable Discontinuous Galerkin, HDG, Model Order Reduction techniques, Proper Generalized Decomposition, PGD.
- Attendance to the CSMA-SEMNI workshop: “Numerical techniques for nowadays highly computationally demanding challenges: meshless, MOR and beyond”, 1-3 February 2017, Jaca, Spain.
- Attendance to the AdMoRe school: Summer School on Discontiuous Galerkin Methods, 11-14 July 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
- Attendance to the Fortran Modernisation Workshop, 24-26 July 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
- Attendance to the Brussels Day, with the following courses organized by the Welsh European Funding Office: “An overview of the structure of the EU”, “An overview of H2020 framework”.
- Attendance to the Computation and Big Data in Transport event, CM3, 22-23 November 2017, Brussels, Belgium.
- Attendance to the 12th workshop on Numerical Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering (NMASE), 24-25 January 2018, Castelldefels, Spain.
- Attendance to the AdMoRe school: Summer School on Advanced Numerical Methods, 19-21 September 2018, Pavia, Italy.
- International Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation ADMOS 2017 (ECCOMAS), 26-28 June 2017, Verbania, Italy.
- ECCM-ECFD 2018 (ECCOMAS), 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics , 11-15 June 2018, Glasgow, UK.
Laboratori de Càlcul Numèric
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
1-3 Jordi Girona, C2 Building, 08034 Barcelona (Spain)