On July 2014 I obtained my bachelor’s degree in Physics at Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain). During the studies I developed a big interest in the field of numerical simulations to solve multiphysics problems. That is why I decided to study the MSc in Industrial Mathematics at Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, where I learned about finite elements, numerical methods and continuum mechanics. I finished the MsC in 2016 and I decided to apply for my current position within the AdMoRe project as it was a great opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired during the previous years and continue learning to start a successful career. I am currently working on the PhD project titled “A High Fidelity Benchmarking Tool in the Design and Optimization of MRI Scanners”, in collaboration with Siemens Healthineers, Swansea University and Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya. The aim of the project is to develop a finite element software to aid in the design of MRI scanners that present less vibrations and deformations and are therefore able to produce a higher quality image of a patient.
Keywords of the project
Magneto-mechanical, Finite elements, High order, MRI scanners, Eddy currents
- Graduate Development Program. Siemens internal training program. United Kingdom, 2016-2018.
- Introduction to Ansys APDL. CadFem UK and Ireland. Croydon, United Kingdom, 2017.
- Introduction to Opera FEA. Vector Fields, Cobham. Oxford, United Kingdom, 2016.
- Introduction to Python. Swansea University. Swansea, United Kingdom, 2017.
- Introduction to LEAN. Siemens. Oxford, United Kingdom, 2017.
- SEED summer School on Discontinuous Galerkin. SEED. Barcelona, Spain, 2017.
- ECCOMAS-ADMOS, 8th International Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation. Verbania, (Italy), June 2017.
- ECCM-ECFD 2018, 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (Solids, Structures and Coupled Problems) and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics . Glasgow (United Kingdom), June 2018.
- ZCCE seminar series (Swansea, 2016-currently)
- SIAM annual meeting (Glasgow, 2017)
- ZCCE PhD workshop (Swansea, 2017 and 2018)