On Otober 2014 I obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Torino (PoliTo, Turin, Italy) and then I did my MSc in the same subject. During this master program, I spent the first year at the Politecnico di Torino and the second year at the École Centrale de Nantes (ECN, France) where I attended the classes of the Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Computational Mechanics and where I worked on my master thesis. I have finally gotten the master’s degree at PoliTo in July 2016.
During the five years I have acquired skills related both to a mathematicians and to an engineer. My bachelor degree, during which I have deeply learnt all the mathematical background useful for understanding the engineering applications, has thaugt me to have always a critical point of view, to not accept something only because “it works”, but ask me always why it works and try to find a demonstration of it. In my master degree I have seen the applications of my mathematical knowledges and I have acquired skills in the modelization, by means of equations and their numerical resolution, of many different aspects of life like mechanical, biological, economical and sociological. Moreover thanks to my Erasmus experience at the Ecole Centrale de Nantes in the “Computational Mechanics” Master I have learnt advanced numerical methods and among these Model Order Reduction techniques kept my attention.
That is why I deceided to apply for the AdMoRe programme in which I am currently doing my PhD “Real-time monitoring and control”.
Keywords of the project
Model Order Reduction, Solid Mechanics, Health Monitoring, Manifold Learning, Data-Driven.
- GdR CNRS 3587 AMORE (Advanced Model Order Reduction in Engineering Sciences). Paris, (France), December 2016.
- Model order reduction training. Nantes, (France), January 2017.
- Management. Nantes, (France), May 2017.
- French course. Nantes, (France), March-June 2017.
- Discontinuous Galerkin summer school. Barcelona, (Spain), July 2017.
- Summer School on Advanced Numerical Methods. Pavia (Italy), September 2018.
- ECCOMAS-SMART, 8th International Conference on Smart Structures and Materials. Madrid, (Spain), June 2017.
- ECCOMAS-ADMOS, 8th International Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation. Verbania, (Italy), July 2017.
- EMMC16, 16th European Mechanics of Materials Conference. Nantes, (France), March 2018.
- ECCM-ECFD 2018, 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (Solids, Structures and Coupled Problems) and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics . Glasgow (United Kingdom), June 2018.
- ESMC2018, 10th European Solid Mechanics Conference. Bologna (Italy), July 2018.
- WCCM 2018, 13th World Congress in Computational Mechanics. New York (USA), July 2018.
- Poster at DATABEST2017, 1st International Workshop on Data-Based Engineering Science and Technology. Nantes, (France), March 2017.
- Annual research meeting of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN-ETN AdMoRe (Empowered decision-making in simulation-based engineering: Advanced Model Reduction for real-time, inverse and optimization in industrial problem) + 13th NMASE workshop on Numerical Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering. Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain), January 2018.
- Workshop on Advances in Numerical Methods in Engineering (in honor of Prof. F. Chinesta on the occasion of his doctorate honoris causa by the University of Zaragoza), Zaragoza (Spain), May 2018.
- Quaranta, G., Bognet, B., Ibañez, R., Tramecon, A., Haug, E., Chinesta, F., “A new hybrid explicit/implicit in-plane-out-of-plane separated representation for the solution of dynamic problems defined in plate-like domains”, Computers and Structures, 210, 135-144, 2018.
- Quaranta, G., Lopez, E., Abisset-Chavanne, E., Duval, J-L, Huerta, A., Chinesta, F., “Structural health monitoring by combining machine learning and dimensionality reduction techniques’, RIMNI, (in press), https://doi.org/10.23967/j.rimni.2018.12.001, 2018.
Quaranta, G., Haug, E., Duval, J.L., Chinesta, F., “Parametric evaluation of part distortion in additive manufacturing processes”. International Journal of Material Forming, 12:1, 2019.
- Quaranta, G., Ziane, M., Daim, F., Abisset-Chavanne, E., Duval, J-L, Chinesta, F., “On the coupling of local 3D solutions and global 2D shell theory in structural mechanics”, Advanced Modeling and Simulation in Engineering Sciences, 6:1, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40323-019-0125-z, 2019.
- Quaranta, G., Argerich Martin, C., Ibañez, R., Duval, J.L., Cueto, E., Chinesta, F., ‘From linear to nonlinear parametric structural dynamics’, Comptes rendus Mecanique, (in press), 2019.
- Lopez, E., Quaranta, G., Abisset-Chavanne, E., Chinesta, F., “Structural health monitoring by combining machine learning and data assimilation techniques“, 8th Conference on Smart Structures and Materials, SMART 2017 and 6th International Conference on Smart Materials and Nanotechnology in Engineering, SMN 2017 2017-January, pp. 1900-1911.
- Quaranta, G., Abisset-Chavanne, E., Chinesta, F., Duval, J.-L., “A cyber physical system approach for composite part: From smart manufacturing to predictive maintenance”, ESAFORM2018 Conference, AIP Conference Proceedings 1960, 020025 (2018).
- AdMoRe mid-term meeting, Barcelona, (Spain), October 2017.
- 2nd year ED SPI seminar, Nantes, (France), April 2018.
- ECN – ESI Group – UPC seminar series, Nantes/Paris/Barcelona, October 2016 – present.