I was born in Lecce, a town in the south of Italy.
After a B.Sc. in Mathematical Engineering from Politecnico di Torino (PoliTo, Turin, Italy), I enrolled in the M.Sc. of the same subject area.
During this academic program, I spent two years at the École Centrale de Nantes (ECN, France), where I firstly attended some classes of the Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Computational Mechanics and later worked on my master project on “Multi-scale and multi-physics modelling and simulation of Electrospinning process” at GeM laboratory of ECN itself.
I finally defended the joint master thesis and received the master’s degree at PoliTo in July 2016.
In September of the same year, I enrolled in the PhD programme “Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate: Simulation in Engineering and Entrepreneurship Development (SEED)” at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC, Barcelona, Spain).
Within AdMoRe project, I am ESR#3: my thesis is entitled “Computational approaches in electromagnetics: reduced modelling and machine-learning”.
It is supervised by Prof. Pedro Díez at LaCàN lab, UPC (Primary academic institution) and Prof. Francisco Chinesta, at the time of recruitment working at ICI lab, ECN (Secondary academic institution), now professor at Arts et Métiers ParisTech.
Two more supervisors from ESI Group (industrial institution), Dr. Jean-Louis Duval and Dr. Jean-Claude Kedzia, are also involved.
Keywords of the project
Model Reduction, data-driven, data assimilation, Bayesian updating, machine learning, electromagnetism, radars, ADAS, Radar Cross Section (RCS), autonomous cars, periodic signals, Fourier analysis.
Training and International Mobility
- Erasmus Mundus Summer School on Non-linear Solid Mechanics, Pavia, (Italy), July 2019.
- Training course on MINESET software, Rungis, Paris (France), June 2019.
- Secondment at ESI Group in the framework of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate, Rungis, Paris (France), Nov. 2018-ongoing.
- Training course on Collection and Analysis of Experimental Data, Barcelona, (Spain), Nov. 2018.
- Training course on Statistical Model of Data, Barcelona, (Spain), Oct. 2018.
- Erasmus Mundus Summer School on Virtual Element Method, Pavia, (Italy), Sept. 2018.
- Training course on Web of Science, Barcelona, (Spain), Dec. 2017.
- Training course on Scopus and publications research, Barcelona, (Spain), Dec. 2017.
- Erasmus Mundus Summer School on Discontinous Galerkin, Barcelona (Spain), July 2017.
- Course of Catalan language, Barcelona (Spain), Feb. 2017-June 2019.
- Secondment at ESI Group for a training on Pro-SiVIC software, Rungis, Paris (France), Jan. 2017.
- Secondment at Efield ESI for a training on CEM One software, Sollentuna, Stockholm (Sweden), Jan. 2017.
- 9th International ADMOS Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation (ECCOMAS), El Campello, Alicante (Spain), May 2019.
- 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM 6) and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD 7), ECCM-ECFD, Glasgow (United Kingdom), June 2018.
- 8th International ADMOS Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation (ECCOMAS), Verbania (Italy), June 2017.
- 19th International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming, Nantes, (France), Apr. 2016.
- 10th AERC Annual European Rheology Conference, Nantes (France), Apr. 2015. Poster session – pdf.
Based on “Orientation kinematics of short fibres in a second-order viscoelastic fluid” by D. Borzacchiello, E. Abisset-Chavanne, F. Chinesta, R. Keunings, Rheologica Acta, Vol. 55 (5), pp. 397-409, 2016, in which I had a hand while I was working on my master project at ECN.
Attendance at International Workshops
- CM3 – Computation and Big Data in Transport Conference, Brussels (Belgium), Nov. 2017.
- III workshop CSMA-SEMNI on Numerical techniques, Jaca, Zaragoza (Spain), Feb. 2017.
Seminars and Workshops
- Seminar at ESI Group, Rungis, Paris (France), July 2019.
- AdMoRe annual research meeting + 13th NMASE workshop, Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain), Jan. 2018.
- AdMoRe mid-term meeting, Barcelona, (Spain), Oct. 2017.
- “Numerical simulation of electrified jets: An application to electrospinning”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1769, 19th International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming, Nantes, (France), Apr. 2016.
- Italian, mother tongue.
- English, C1 level: B2 level certified through FCE test, score C, Lecce (Italy), June 2008.
- French, C1 level: certified through TFI test, score 925/980, Nantes (France), March 2016.
- Spanish, C1 level.
- Catalan, C1 level: B2 level certified through UPC test (having internal validity), Barcelona (Spain), June 2018.
- Numerical analysis, mathematical models and tools.
- Science and technology, number theory, game theory, machine learning.
- Romance languages, interculturalism, animal rights, natural environment.
- Volleyball, reading, travelling.