On 2015 I received my Diploma Degree in Mechanical Engineering (specialised in Ground and Air Transport Vehicles) in National Technical University of Athens. I was always interested in motorsports and aerodynamics, joining the Formula Student team of NTUA, starting and leading the aerodynamics department.
During my studies and participating in the Formula Student team I expanded my knowledge on aerodynamics and computational fluid dynamics. During my Diploma Thesis entitled “Contribution to the aerodynamic optimisation of an FSAE race car using OpenFOAM and continuous adjoint methods” I came much closer with OpenFOAM and the difficulties of vehicle shape optimisation.
That is when I found about the PhD position “The proper generalised decomposition for interactive aerodynamic optimisation”. A research position, aiming to tackle problems the automotive industry is facing in the aerodynamic optimisation process through novel methodologies. Naturally, I was eager to participate.
Keywords of the project
Model order reduction, PGD, CFD, interactive aerodynamic design, non-intrusive, automotive industry.
- PGD for non-linear problems
- Model Order Reduction workshop (Jaca 2017)
- German language courses
- AdMoRe Summer School 2017
- AdMoRe Summer School 2018
- Volkswagen Group Research Strategy Workshop 2017
- Volkswagen Group Research Strategy Workshop 2018 (Digital Methods Development)
- International Conference on Adaptative Modeling and Simulation (ADMOS). ECCOMAS conference (Italy, June 2017)
- Computation and Big Data in Transport Conference (CM3-2017)
- ECCOMAS 6th European Conference on Computation Mechanics and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Lacan ComE seminars
- NMASE 2018
- AdMoRe Brussels Day
- AdMoRe blog entries
- FSAE Germany 2017 Engineering Design Judge
- FSAE Germany 2018 Engineering Design Judge